Sunday, August 13, 2017

On Monday, August 14th at 6 p.m., I will be giving a lecture as part of the Southwest Seminars series at the Hotel Santa Fe.  I presented similar talks earlier this year for the Taos Archeological Society and for the museum during last fall's Antiques Show and Sale.  My lecture will be based on research I completed for both my Master's thesis and my recently completed doctoral dissertation.

Parrot Effigy Vessel from the collection of the Millicent Rogers Museum
My presentation will cover the history of trade between Mesoamerica and the Southwest and how these cross-cultural connections are evident in art from the prehistoric and historic periods.  I am at a great advantage in preparing for my lecture in that I have access to an incredible collection of prehistoric pottery at the museum and plan to address how certain items end up in museum collections--a topic I discussed in a previous post.  Even if you are unable to attend the lecture, I encourage you to visit me at the museum as I am always willing to wax poetic about Southwest pottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment